Friday, March 19, 2010

Perfect Fit Button: User Review and Where to Buy Cheap

Have you seen the commercial on TV for the Perfect Fit Button? I saw it several weeks ago and couldn't wait to try it. Why? Because I am an in-betweener. I have four pair of nice jeans and 2 are so old that they are shrunk (or at least I say they are no longer a size 10) and 2 pair are jeans from when I was a bit heavier. The problem with my jeans is either they are too big or too small. I'm too cheap to go out and buy a bunch of new jeans and honestly, it isn't exactly easy to find petite jeans in my size on the racks at Walmart and Target, where I primarily shop. Add on the prude factor and I am pretty particular about how I like my jeans.

So, when I saw the Perfect Fit Button on TV, I was thinking about the possibilities. I saw that I could add a button slightly to the left of the button on my jeans to give me that extra inch in my skinny jeans and I could add a button slightly to the right on my jeans to tighten up my larger jeans. A girl just doesn't want to look like a fool with her pants on the ground:



So, how'd the Perfect Fit Button work for me? I am very happy with this product. I bought it and it contained 8 Perfect Fit Buttons - two tan, two brown, two black and two silver jeansy-looking buttons. I snapped one jeansy button onto my pants and poof, the waist band fit perfectly. I tugged really hard on this button too - it did not come open. Once the back is placed on the button, it is a little bit of work to get it off. Running it through the washing machine may bark up the colored buttons though, so bear that in mind.

I used another jeansy button for my daughter's pants. I bought her a pair of Lei jeans and the button popped off fairly quickly. I used the Perfect Fit Button to fix the missing button and now she can wear those jeans again.

Hubby has dibs on the black button for a pair of dress pants of his that is missing a button.

What didn't I like about the Perfect Fit Button? Well, as I said, it is a little hard to get the back off once secure. It took a bit of pressure/counter pressure to get it free, but I imagine that once I put that button on, I won't be taking it off. Another thing I didn't like as much was that if your jeans are a bit tight even after using the button to extend them, you may end up with a mark from the back. This was not a big deal as the mark fades and if your jeans are already too tight, you probably have other marks from constriction anyway.

Where can you buy it cheap? A friend alerted me that she'd seen the Perfect Fit Button at a CVS and a Bed Bath and Beyond. So to get this product cheap, you could use your built up CVS bucks from other purchases or you could use a 20% off coupon from a Sunday paper or mailing list for Bed Bath and Beyond. After coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond, the price was just over $8 - so $1 a button. An investment well worth it!

Who would want to use this product? I have several friends now who are pregnant. I am not so far removed from being pregnant that I don't remember the tricks I used to extend my normal clothing (rubber band comes to mind). This product may help some pregnant women gain an extra inch in their pants when things start feeling snug around the middle. It would also be good for people whose weight fluctuates.

The Perfect Fit Button also would be good to keep around the house or in the office for pants emergencies.

Overall, I really like this product, not only for its sturdy construction, but also because of its utility. It can help salvage pants that might otherwise be thrown away because of the lack of button. I would have eventually thrown my daughter's jeans away because of the missing button and Perfect Fit allowed me to fix her jeans easily and cheaply.

Disclosure: I purchased this item on my own; this review was not solicited by Perfect Fit Button. No compensation has been provided for this review.

No comments: